Phase 2 – Valve Replacement Project Success
Kigtek are currently the principal contractors on a large scale valve replacement project for a major spirit production site in Scotland. The aim is to replace over 60 3port valves with over 120 2 port valves, as the current valves are obsolete. The project has four phases, the second being successfully completed over valentines weekend. As principal contractors, Kigtek worked with J&I Pipework Services for the mechanical works, Bray UK for specification and coordination of valves, and Kigtek electrical teams.
The customer specified a narrow weekend production shutdown window of two 12-hour night shift shutdowns in which the teams had to complete:
- Electrical and mechanical disconnection and removal of 12 existing 4 inch 3-port valves and associated pipework.
- Installation of new pipework and 22 Bray valves
- Final field end electrical and pneumatic terminations of new valves to allow connection to existing PCS7 control system via Siemens ET200 ISP control panels
- I/O testing of new control valves in an isolated environment.
- Completed water trials to ensure pipe integrity and spirit transfers to passivate the new pipework
- Production start-up support
Kigtek are also providing the CDM management of the project, liaising with client engineering services, permit writers and operations to keep them informed of progress.
Due to the incredible effort from the team on site the line was handed over, fully tested and in service earlier than planned. This was a fantastic success for everyone involved and we were delighted to receive overwhelmingly positive feedback from our customers.
“Work over the weekend on the Amri-valve project phase 2 of 4 went extremely well, with a timely start-up on Friday night invasive works allowing for a smooth production start-up both Saturday and Sunday. There was a big effort and focus from all parties, great communication and organisation. So, a big thank you to you and your teams for all their support, with commitment and passion shown by all, both leading up to and including the invasive weekend works.”
Site Project Engineer
Time to focus on phase three now that we have a successful phase one and two under our belts! Contact us to find out more information on the turnkey project capabilities offered by Kigtek